Rockford Career College in Rockford, IL is currently looking to fill the position of Clinic Veterinarian for our Associate Degree Certified Veterinary Technician program. Rockford Career College is the 7th oldest career college in the United States, the oldest college of its type in Illinois, and the 5th oldest business listing in Rockford.
Our Certified Veterinary Technician program has excellent CVNE scores, with just under 200 students total in our 24-month program.
The Veterinary Technician Program Veterinarian is responsible for ensuring department compliance with AVMA accreditation, USDA, IACUC, and DEA. The Program Veterinarian is also responsible and accountable for teaching 2-3 veterinary technician classes a quarter, setting up IACUC meetings and monitoring the college's animal use protocols.
Job Requirements are:
1. A Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited college
2. Licenses as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in the State of Illinois
3. Must have at least 4 years of experience
4. Personal and Professional Integrity that communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start.
5. A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, managing projects, and mentoring students.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is open based on experience, qualifications.
Rockford Career College is a career training college in its 155th year of serving the Rockford community! We are the 7th oldest career training college in the United States, the 5th oldest in business operations in Rockford and is the oldest career training college in Illinois.