Small animal established veterinary country practice seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian in charming Walkerton, IN. New graduates will be considered and mentored. Signing bonus and benefits also available. Education loan payment assistance, negotiable. Extremely competitive salary and signing bonus.
Our hospital is located just outside of Amish country, a train ride from Chicago, also very near to Lake Michigan. The small community of Walkerton is close to the bustling metropolis of South Bend and LaPorte, IN.
The chosen candidate will receive mentorship from 3 seasoned veterinarians. We offer state of the art surgical and dental equipment, digital radiography, an in-house laboratory and external reference lab, cold-laser therapy, tono-pen, and Impromed/Infinity veterinary software.
Our team consists of long time employees, a Practice Manager, a friendly, knowledgeable staff and Registered Veterinary Technician.
Please contact Dr. Jeffrey Weitzel at 219-508-9716 or e-mail your resume to:
We look forward to meeting you to discuss the possibilities of your joining our veterinary hospital family.
· Commitment to high quality and scientifically sound veterinary medical services
· Perform surgical and other veterinary procedures as required
· Maintain knowledge on the most current AVMA and AAHA guidelines and best practices
· Work efficiently and effectively as an individual as well as a team-member
· Collaborate and share knowledge with fellow Associates and support staff
· Actively build relationships with clients and staff
· Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to support staff
Education and Experience:
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· At least one year of relevant work experience
· Must have clinical experience in small animal practice, possessing exemplary social skills and the desire to practice the highest quality medicine
· Surgical, Dental and Orthopedic experience is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
· Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
· Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with a dedication to providing the highest quality veterinary care are a must
· Must be interested in growing their leadership skills, helping our team members develop in their roles and fostering an environment of support and education
Additional Salary Information: Salary will depend on experience, etc.
About Meyer Veterinary Hospital
With two locations to serve our clients, we are equipped to handle many services. We offer vaccination, surgery, dentistry, pain management, nutrition counseling; we’re committed to pet’s health and will always do our best to treat and heal our patients. Our in house and external veterinary diagnostic labs help to give our veterinarians the answers they need to diagnose patients as quick as possible. We offer digital radiography, state of the art dental cleaning unit, the most up to date anesthesia protocols, therapeutic cold laser therapy and digital records. These are some of the tools we have available to care for our patients.We are committed to our patients veterinary care by providing an environment that puts their well being first. We continue to grow and expand our knowledge as medicine evolves. We understand the animal human bond. It is our sincerest goal to provide care that keeps our patients healthy for a long and fulfilling life. We will NEVER forget to treat all of our patients with dignity, empathy and love, as if they were our own beloved family member.