We are a three doctor, well established and growing, small animal practice in central Pennsylvania. We are looking for a full time or part time associate veterinarian. Our practice is committed to providing high quality veterinary care to our patients and clients in a clean and friendly environment. Our mission statement is, "To treat every client like family and every pet like our own". Many of our clients have been with us since opening, over 30 years ago. Lewistown, part of the Juniata River Valley, is one of the most unique areas in the Northeast and is rich in history, beauty, and culture. We are surrounded by mountains with state parks, hiking trails and nature centers. The Susquehanna river is minutes away, offering boundless opportunities for water recreation. Our clinic is located 30 minutes from State College and hour from Harrisburg.
Our vision is to find an associate that will support our philosophy of practicing the highest quality of medicine and become a part of our wonderful practice family. Excellent opportunities exist for a compassionate individual to develop long-term professional relationships with an excellent team and clientele. Buy-in potential available for the right candidate.
The successful candidate must have great people skills, is focused on high quality care, and excels at assuring client satisfaction. The associate will practice general medicine and surgery with quality equipment at their fingertips, including a progressive surgery suite and an extensive, full, in-house laboratory. We utilize digital radiography and ultrasound. We are very close to being completely paperless with Cornerstone software and whiteboard through IDEXX Laboratories, INC. With a well-trained support staff, there is no need for the associate veterinarian to perform technical duties on a routine basis, allowing you to concentrate on client communication and medicine. Our technicians are highly trained and highly utilized.
Salary is negotiable and tailored to the individual candidate. All vets at our practice choose Prosal as it is very profitable for them. This can be further discussed individually but we are very competitive.
Full-Time benefits include:
- RETIREMENT IRA with 3% (maximum allowed) matching
- HEALTH INSURANCE STIPEND with Dental care
- Paid time off- 80 hours
- Veterinary Services at a discounted rate
- Liability and Malpractice insurance
- CONTINUING EDUCATION allowance- $1500 and 5 days. CE is expected and highly valued at this practice- time off for CE is not considered vacation time. Often associate is able to attend either NAVC or WVC and the entire trip is paid for except meals which is usually over $3,000 and is a perk as a reward.
- Paid memberships to three professional organizations of your choice
- DEA License
- Parental (maternity) leave
- Paid Rabies vaccination and titers
- VIN membership and book allowance
- Flexible work hours and almost always under 40 hours a week.
- No emergency on call shifts.
- Sign on/Retention Bonus!
If you would like to work at our progressive veterinary hospital and share our philosophy, please respond.
New graduates welcome! We are willing to mentor and train the right individual.
We also welcome experienced Veterinarians who share the same passion & philosophy that we do.
Additional Salary Information: Prosal and negotiable. Sign-on bonus.