Title: Overnight Veterinary Technician
Department: Veterinary Services
This position reports to: Veterinary Services Manager
This position supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose of Position: Provide overnight medical care and treatment for animals.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at?will” relationship.
- Collect samples for testing and perform laboratory tests.
- Take and develop x-rays.
- Medicate, vaccinate, and treat animals as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Administer anesthesia and monitor animals under anesthesia.
- Assist veterinarians in medical and surgical procedures. This includes using proper restraint.
- Provide medical assistance and counseling to patrons.
- Use and maintain medical equipment.
- Perform physical examination of animals.
- Perform data entry to update animal records.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- Perform euthanasia and other related tasks.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Attention to Detail
- Managing Resources
- Technical Expertise
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Time Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Work Independently
- Conflict Management