Animal Hospital of Melissa is looking for a third doctor to join our growing, busy small animal practice just north of Mckinney/Allen. We practice progressive medicine in a small town atmosphere. Melissa is a great community that is growing rapidly with excellent schools, wonderful clients, and very close to the DFW metroplex. Practice is paperless, digital radiology equipment, full in-house lab equipment and access to in-house specialists for ultrasound and orthopedic surgery. Dedicated, well-equipped surgery and dental suites. Experienced, helpful, and hard working staff. Seeking an individual with excellent communication skills, a dedication to providing the best care for our patients and clients, and a positive attitude to join our team.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics