Looking for an energetic, team oriented full-time veterinarian for our progressive, small animal practice in the heart of your nation's capitol. The Atlas District Veterinary Hospital (AtlasVet) is located on the vibrant H St Corridor and just north of the historic Capitol Hill neighborhood in Washington, DC.
AtlasVet has become an integral part of the local community and has been voted "Best Veterinarian in DC" 6 times in 8 years.
Low staff turnover, frequent team meetings & a busy, but fun work environment have made AtlasVet a consistent family of over 40 staff members.
We are currently operating under strict COVID protocols that place our staff's safety first. Clients must remain outside and only staff members are allowed in the building. We have also supplied every staff member and their families with One Medical memberships for daily health check ins and assistance with any COVID related issues.
Our ~6000sq ft contain:
- Spacious & bright lobby
- 8 exam rooms
- Dental suite with 2 wet tables
- Large surgical suite with full anesthetic monitoring & electrocautery
- Digital radiography (including dental)
- Ultrasound with color flow doppler
- An active community & social media presence
- Helpful 2:1 technician to DVM ratio.
A veterinarian's benefits include:
- Competitive schedule, salary, CE and vacation time
- Lucrative DVM bonus system
- 401(k) plan with up to 7% matching
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (fully covered after 1 year of employment)
- One Medical Membership for the entire family
- Short weekend hours (work every third Saturday, Sundays off)
- PLIT, DEA, DC license coverage & more
Clinic hours: Mon-Thurs 8a-8p, Fri 8a-5pm, Sat 8a-4pm, closed Sun.
For more information, please contact our Director of Hospital Operations, Kristy Heidenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Veterinary degree from accredited university
Will require accreditation through USDA for international health certificates
Surgical experience is a plus
AtlasVet (The Atlas District Veterinary Hospital) is 8+ year old veterinary clinic in Washington, DC with 11 doctors and over 40 staff members. The clinic incorporates high quality veterinary medicine, the latest technology, and a friendly, knowledgeable staff. The two owners, Dr. Matthew Antkowiak and Dr. Christopher Miller, live in Capitol Hill/H St. Corridor and are invested in their staff and their neighborhood. AtlasVet is an active and integral part of the local community and continues to reflect the diversity and energy that personifies the H St. Corridor.