Are you a veterinarian that enjoys practicing autonomous, high quality medicine? Are you someone that would thrive in a role where you will provide excellent patient and client service? Does the idea of fostering a collaborative team culture sound fun to you? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Petco is seeking companion animal veterinarians for our new full-service Vetco Total Care hospital locations in Illinois. These future general practice hospitals are located inside of our Petco stores in Shorewood, Clybourne, Norridge, Elmhurst, & North Riverside. These veterinarian positions are patient-focused roles: no management or supervisory duties!
Hospital Medical Leader: Are you looking for career growth? We are seeking Hospital Medical Leaders in our Illinois hospitals to lead the hospital veterinary team in providing excellent veterinary care!
Exotic Veterinarian: Do you enjoy working with exotic patients? We also have roles in our Northeast hospitals for veterinarians interested in patient caseload of 25% exotic and 75% companion animal (dogs/cats) while growing the exotic caseload for the practice.
Work-Life Balance (no emergency, on-calls or overnights)
Patient-Focused Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform routine and complex surgical procedures including (but not limited): spays/neuters, abdominal exploratory and mass removals.
• Perform routine and complex dental procedures including full dental examination,
evaluation of dental radiographs, as well as simple and complex extractions and oral surgical procedures
• Develop treatment plans for patients undergoing day hospitalization based on complete problem-based assessment. Transition patients to overnight care as needed and communicate effectively with referral hospitals in order to ensure continuity of patient care
Requirements and Licensure
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school or its equivalent
• Active licensure as a veterinarian without contingencies in the state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by state date
• Current DEA license
• Current Controlled Substance License, if applicable, in state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by state date
• USDA Category I Accreditation or completion within two months of hire date
• Must be comfortable performing anesthesia and routine surgeries including but not limited to: canine and feline spays, neuters, mass removals and dentals
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If interested in learning more, email: Brandi.Gross@petco.com
About Petco Animal Supplies, Inc
With more than 50 years of service to pet parents, Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that obsesses about delivering health and happy experiences for pets and the people who love them. We do this by providing the products, services, education and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. Everything we do is guided by our vision:Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.